Sunday, April 4, 2010

Studies in Aperture

First I want to say Happy Easter. As I sat in church today I was thinking about the world that God made and how my journey is really an exploration of what he made big, small and in between.

This weeks journey is a study in aperture...and my new 55-200mm telephoto lens! Aperture is that amount of light, from small to large, that enters the lens. This was really confusing to me because it's calculated in f-stops and the logic goes all screwy. Would you believe that a a small F stop means a wide open lens that allows more light and a large F stop means a small opening and less light? Aperture also has an affect on DOF (depth of field) which can really help to draw attention to your subject.

I also got a new lens that I couldn't wait to use. The one that came with my camera was a 18-55mm and this new one is a 55-200mm so I know have pretty good range with my kit. I hope you enjoy this weeks study in aperture and fun with my zoom lens.

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures....and love the depth of them too. Great job John...looking forward to seeing more pics. It was great having you both over to the house at Easter and always fun watching you both interact and tease each other. Your love is so evident and so is the love of Christ in both your lives. So proud of you both. Love you much Ma xo

    ReplyDelete